If you are asking yourself why a magician would be writing a blog about a particular wedding venue, you may think that I have been paid or sponsored to do this. That is absolutely not the case!
I am writing this blog simply because I love performing at weddings in Bryngarw House and because I have seen first hand, the amazing all round service and attention to detail that the wonderful staff provide (which I will discuss further in this post). I have also included an exclusive offer, for happy couples getting married at Bryngarw in 2018/19.
A little bit of history
The beautiful Bryngarw House is situated within the 120 acre country park, situated on the west bank of the afon garw, at the mouth of the Garw Valley in Bridgend County Borough. The country park is very accessible; it is only a five minute drive from M4 junction 36.
Bryngarw House was built in the 15th century and was the property of a coal owning family and was bought in 1959 by the Ogwr & Garw district council who used it initially as accommodation for council employees.
For the next 30 or so years, Bridgend County Borough Council continued to develop the park. In 1993 European funding was received to transform Bryngarw House into a hotel with 19 bedrooms and, with the addition of the conservatory, a restaurant. It was granted a license to hold weddings and became a popular venue for conferences and seminars.
Bryngarw House in 2018
Bryngarw House offers a truly beautiful combination of a historical venue with real character, coupled with very modern aspects (such as the marquee) and interior design, which give the venue everything a happy couple could want when looking at potential wedding venues. Recent refurbishments have improved the venue even more and have taken it, I believe, to the next level.
As a professional magician in Cardiff, South Wales and the UK, I perform at upwards of thirty weddings per year at all different types of venues. I can honestly say that if I was getting married, Bryngarw House would genuinely be my first choice, (and no, they are not paying me to say this).
What's so great about Bryngarw?
The answer is simply 'lots'. For the purpose of this blog, I will differentiate between the general reasons why Bryngarw House is great and the reasons why it is a superb venue for a wedding magician to perform in.
I can think of so many things, but here are my top five in no particular order
1. The venue is beautiful, has character but a very modern feel
2. The food looks and tastes amazing
3. It is very accessible - just five minute drive from the M4
4. I can not praise the staff enough! I have seen and experienced them 'go out of their way' to help and assist people, they are always friendly and nothing is to much trouble.
5. The venue is set in the most beautiful of parks. It has an incredible lawn, a charming duck pond and plenty of parking spaces.
For wedding magicians.....
Now i understand that this part will not be your primary concern when thinking of wedding venue ideas but there are some definite cross-over reasons for you to think about.
1. It is easy to get to and parking is great
2. The venue has distinct rooms and a number of them, plus a great patio area. Not all wedding guests want to sit in the same big room all day. For a close-up wedding magician that performs for small groups of people, it's great because it allows me to create a more intimate experience (this is definitely a cross over reason)
3. The staff at Bryngarw are amazing but also considerate. This is important for a magician because the last thing you want in the middle of a performance is for a rude member of staff to push in collecting glasses etc.
4. The weather always helps but makes little difference at Bryngarw House because of its many features and comfortable setting.
5. The staff at Bryngarw are perhaps the most accommodating of all the venues I have performed at.
(short clip of one of my performances at Bryngarw House in 2013)
I have performed at this amazing wedding venue for a number of years and you can see a short clip of one of my performances at a wedding, in the above video, almost five years ago.
Today is the 15th May 2018. At the time of writing, I have already had the pleasure of performing at four weddings at Bryngarw House, the most recent being the wedding of Ross & Rhian, just a couple of weeks ago (some images below).
As a 'Bridgend boy' proudly growing up in the Ogmore Valley, you may think that I am a little biased? The truth is, I am lucky to perform at so many great wedding venues each year but whenever I am booked to perform at Bryngarw I really look forward to it, for all the reasons outlined above.
Would I love to perform at Bryngarw more often? Yes Absolutely!! So much so, I have decided to create an offer for anyone reading this blog who are getting married at Bryngarw House in 2018/2019. To take me up on the offer, simply mention you have read this blog when you contact me and I will deduct 25% from my fee.